Prom Contest is Here!
Cue the excitement- It’s PROM SEASON!
One thing’s for sure, at Thrift Town we absolutely love prom season, with all the dresses, the flowers, the limos, oh, and our annual SECONDHAND PROM CONTEST! Every year we’re excited to see the incredible ensembles you all find secondhand and make your own for that special night out. It seems like it gets better every year. Not sure about entering? Check out our prizes!
1st Prize: NEW iPad 2 & $100 Thrift Town Gift Card!
2nd Prize: NEW Kindle Fire & $100 Thrift Town Gift Card!
3rd Prize: NEW iPod Touch & $100 Thrift Town Gift Card!
Here’s our 1st-3rd place winners from last year’s contest, check out more on our PROM PAGE. We’ve had a lot of great entries over the years and are looking forward to seeing what you will come up with this year. The stakes are high, so we want to see you pull out all the stops and send us your secondhand best!
Enter to Win by June 30, 2012. Winners will be announced in August 2012.
Here’s all the details on how to enter:
Your Unique Prom Look must be Secondhand:
• Gals: Gown, dress, blouse & skirt, etc. Guys: Suit and dress shirt, or jacket, dress shirt & trousers, etc.
• Accessories (shoes, purses, ties, etc.) can be new, but if they are secondhand,
they may earn you bonus points if the competition is stiff.
• Garments may be altered. Provide a before and after photo.
• No Purchase Necessary. Items can be from Thrift Town, your grandma’s closet, borrowed from a big sister, best friend, etc. Items MUST be secondhand.
Proof of Secondhand Prom Debut:
• A photo at this year’s prom must be provided, feel free to get creative, and include any glam shots. All photos entered into the contest may be used in future marketing by Thrift Town. Please include a photo of you alone in your outfit. A signed letter of consent must be signed by ALL participants (see attached at bottom of this post). If the entrant is a minor, then the parent/legal guardian of the minor must also sign the consent form to participate.
If you are not attending prom…
Everyone is welcome to enter by donating prom attire!
• You can still enter the Prom Contest ~ you may donate your Thrift Town DIY/Vintage Prom Dress or Men’s Suit to a local charity.
• You must provide a copy of your donation receipt with a description of the garment(s) on the receipt.
• You must provide photo of the garment(s) preferably on a model.
• 30% = Dress/Suit actually worn to a high school prom or donated to charity.
(Photo and/or donation receipt required. See above.)
• 30% = Creativity/Originality
• 40% = Story/Description (One page or less. About 300 words.)
Enter to Win by June 30, 2012: All entries are to be made by an individual. There are no couple’s prizes.
Two ways to enter:
1. By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mail photos & consent form by scanning or photographing it.
2. By Mail: Norquist Salvage Corporation: 2151 Professional Dr. Suite 200, Roseville, CA 95661 (Attn: Prom Contest)
Please include with your entry:
• First and Last Name, Mailing Address, Phone Number and Alternate Phone Number,
E-mail Address, & Signed and Dated Letter of Consent (at bottom of this post).
• Your story and all copies of receipts, photos, etc. as described above.
• Winners will be notified by phone by the end of August 2012.
• We will make every attempt to contact the winners. If you win and we are unable to contact you after two weeks, you will forfeit your prize to another winner.
• Employees or contractors of Norquist Salvage Corporation, Thrift Town, and its charity partners, or their family members and roommates may not enter to win.
Some tips for your prom entry pictures (definitely not rules):
- Don’t just send one photo, especially if you alter your outfit. We’d love to see (and read about) your process.
- Plan ahead – a picture on your way out the door is fine, but it’s great to set aside some time once you’re all done up to devote to great shots of you in your outfit.
- It’s all in the details: what makes your outfit interesting? The beadwork? The sash you made from fabric you cut off the bottom? Detailed pictures help us see what YOU see when you’re loving your look.
- Make sure you have good lighting – we’ve definitely had entries where we ‘think’ it might be a great look, but the picture was too dark to tell for sure.
- Have fun, be silly, get creative – “prom poses” aren’t a requirement! Change up the scenery, add to your normal picture, a silly face one – show us your personality!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Are you entering our prom contest or know someone who should? Spread the word!
. . . . .
We LOVE your input – there are so many ways to stay connected:
Leave us comments here on the Blog,
Like Thrift Town on FB & post pics & comments there,
Click the FB Like or Tweet button on any of our Blog posts to share with friends,
add us on Twitter (@ThriftTown) & tag us in any pics or thrifty Tweets,
or simply send pictures & stories to email@example.com